i am.

Inspired by ondine who was in turn inspired by Mr brown who was inspired by MercerMachine who wrote the post that inspired so many others.

I am the toddler who was often dolled up by her mother like a Barbie doll.

I am the toddler who caught every single episode of ‘comedy nite’.

I am the kid that spent all her time in the corridor of her Bukit Batok 3-room flat with her neighbours and perhaps her first best friends.

I am the kid who ran crying home because her best friend who was obviously shorter than her argued that he was taller. She didn’t come out from her room even when they came over to apologise.

I am the kid who spent most of her time making a nuisance running along the 9th floor corridor and to use stamps to vandalise the wall with her best friends. We cleaned it up nevertheless, after a great scolding by our mothers.

I am the girl that found guns and cars much more entertaining than Barbie dolls or hello kitty.

I am the kid that feared health care shows so much that she yell at the sight of one.

I am the child who did not cry on her first day of nursery because she didn’t understand what everyone else was talking about. I only knew what the English language is at 5.

I am the child that was so stupid and played with a razor and bled so much that all she knew to do was to wipe it all away onto the kindergarten wall. My mum didn’t know.

I am the child who won the ‘pass the parcel’ game in class and was congratulated by all the girls in class.

I am the student who made her first best friend in primary school on the first day of school. Surprise, it was a boy.

I am the student who talked so much that her teacher made her sit beside her.

I am the student who surprised all with her sudden improvement in grades from among the last few in class to 2nd in her p2 year.

I am the student who never remembers to do her Chinese homework that her teacher made her face the wall and think about her actions.

I am the student who killed all her mill worms because the food she fed them with was covered with sugar and the ants ate them up.

I am the sister who was the only one in the family who could make her crying baby sister calm down when her mum was busy cooking.

I am the sister who tried to gave her sister tuition in hope of getting some money for it but it had never succeeded.

I am the sister who was so proud that she could carry her baby sister. But soon after, your weight past mine and I couldn’t do the feat anymore.

I am the kid you bullied and teased at everyday. I didn’t tell my mum. But from that day onwards I hated all bullies – to the core.

I am the kid who stole your pen because I lost mine. I didn’t tell you. Sorry.

I am the kampong kid who went to a huge school. She nearly lost her way on her first day of post primary school life.

I am the dim avmember who you ticked off sarcastically “God gave you ten fingers!”

I am the girl who spent all her free time including recesses and after school playing basketball and not eating for the sake of saving money.

I am the girl who slept through most of her chemistry lessons.

I am the girl who fake slept on the bus so that she ddin’t have to give up her seat to her teacher and was later ticked off by her teacher for doing that.

I am the girl who refused to pull up her sock. Ankle socks unite!

I am the girl who you had a miscommunication with. But you never wanted to know and so I never told you.

I am the Acsian who hated her school so much in the first week of school that going to school seemed like a chore.

I am an Acsian who loved her school so much now that she didn’t bear to pon school.

I am the girl who looks frantically around during all her lunch periods yet tried to do it so secretly as not to be seen.

I am the girl who gets a stomachache before all her chemistry lessons in term2.

I am the girl who gets a stomachache every Friday during the gp lesson.

i am the girl who turns beetroot every now and then.

I am the girl who haven’t found a ‘you’.

Maybe this is just me. Me in this huge world. Where are you?

0 comments: