interest fatigue.

for some time i have been thinking why did i lost interest in something that i was passionate about for so long. to be exact 2.5yrs. i could just ignore breakfast lunch dinner, forget wat my limit and what was my priority and maybe caused my horrible grades. i loved it so much. and i cant believe that now i lost like 75% interest in it. and i think i found the answer. quoting from a blog:

"I stopped running for many many years because I didn't want to anymore. Call it running fatigue. A true passion I feel, doesn't experience fatigue. So that's where I am, on this topic of running. I don't want it to have to be about winning, to be about the best.

The problem is, there is a part of me that wants to win, and wants to be the best and ironically, it was shaped by all this running. The rest of me, shuns this part of me because it's the part of me that used to make me throw up before competitions, that made me cry when I didn't win, or when I hit the hurdle, tripped and fell, when I didn't clock a respectable time. So, most of me, doesn't like me.

And now, there is a battle of wills going on. The competitive side is struggling to show its stuff, to show off, to break away from the pack and win the run by minutes. The other side of me just wishes that there was a reason I could come up with to not run and say, maybe walk the entire thing."

0 comments: